Outdoor Adventures Director
Maine Sport is seeking an energetic and qualified person to assume responsibility for our Outdoor Adventures program. The goal of this program is to provide an array of activities that safely and efficiently promote an active outdoor lifestyle to our customers and supports the products, clothing, and gear sold at Maine Sport. This position is a full time, year round offering.
The person hired for this position must have a demonstrated track record of past success in organizing and implementing a variety of offerings in kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddling, and cycling. Industry specific credentials such as certification in ACA sea kayaking and/or whitewater kayaking, canoeing, or other paddle sport disciplines and possession of a registered Maine Guide license, or the ability and willingness to obtain these certifications are a requirement of this job.
- Overall management and operation of all Outdoor Adventure programs.
- Hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of all Outdoor Adventures staff.
- Program Marketing, Public Relations, and Group Sales.
- Management and inventory control of outdoor equipment rental center.
- Formulation and development of new courses and trips as reflected by demand and industry trends.
- Communication with management and staff to optimize daily operations.
- Decision making for the safe and profitable operation of the Outdoor School on a daily basis.
- Familiarity, support, and cooperation with all related businesses under the same ownership.
Qualifications: The person who holds this job should
- Possess a depth of knowledge and experience in sea kayaking, sup boarding, and freshwater boating to ensure appropriate, safe program decisions.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and co-workers.
- Be able to cultivate new customer contacts to help expand our program.
- Be enthusiastic about introducing clients to an active outdoor lifestyle.
- Be a leader and positive role model for appropriate behavior and decision making.
- Possess strong organizational skills, including computer literacy.
- Hold certifications in Wilderness First Aid and CPR.
- Bring adaptive problem solving methods to a fast moving, dynamic environment.
This position is salaried. Benefit package includes health insurance, industry and store-wide product discounts, vacation and sick time, and use of store equipment.
Maine Sport is an equal opportunity employer. If interested, please email your resume to Gregg@mainesport.com.
Full-time year round sales positions
Rockport location. Experience with the activities we promote and the gear/apparel we sell desired. You gotta love talking and interacting with our customers. Benefits include vacation, health insurance, employee and industry discounts. Email cover letter and application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stop by the store in Rockport for an application.
Footwear Sales (open 3/1/14)
Women’s Clothing Sales(open 3/1/14)
Assistant Manager Position at Maine Sport in Downtown Camden
Seeking responsible individual with excellent leadership skills and enthusiasm for the outdoors and the products we sell. Duties include assisting customers, running register, merchandising and assisting with staff and store management. This is a full time, year round position with benefits (including vacation, health insurance and employee and industry discounts). Email cover letter and resume or application to email@example.com, or stop by the store in Camden to pick up an application.
Sales Position at Maine Sport in Downtown Camden
Seeking a responsible, energetic, outdoor enthusiast for sales position at our downtown Camden location. Duties include assisting customers, running the register and helping with daily tasks around the store. Email cover letter and resume or application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the store in Camden to pick up an application.