Penobscot 164 BLEM
All online orders must be picked up at Rockport, ME location. These items will not be shipped.
Named after the Native Americans that inhabited Old Town, Maine, since before recorded history – and from whom we’ve gained immeasurable boat-building knowledge – the Penobscot pays homage to their superb craftsmanship, design and navigational skills. The Penobscot’s nearly plumb ends, shallow arch bottom and slight rocker have made it a sleek, nimble tripping canoe for solo or tandem paddlers. Made from three layer polyethylene, the Penobscot 164 is built to be durable and tough. Nimble and quick the Penobscot 164 can run rivers with the best of them.
- Penobscot 164 is ideally suited to paddlers with higher skill levels who enjoy downriver whitewater racing or wilderness tripping
- Straight keel line and sharp bow entry reduce friction in the water, and the rounded bottom provides turning responsiveness
- 3-layer polyethylene offers excellent stiffness, high durability and light weight at an affordable price
- Center yoke thwart offers manageable solo portaging while polyethylene decks with molded handles facilitate 2-person transport
- Webbing seats are comfortable and long-lasting; stout, unstained ash thwarts and vinyl-wrapped gunwales enhance rigidity
- Blemished; item has minor cosmetic blemishes that do not affect product performance
- Made in USA.